[swift-users] "business applications market" flame

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Wed Jan 6 19:10:04 CST 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 5:04 PM, Dru Satori <dru at druware.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, on OS X, swift works fine with PostgreSQL and ODBC datasources via Obj-C frameworks, that isn’t the challenge.

It would be interesting to see how far Swift’s syntax can be pushed to create a cleaner syntax for queries. I’m thinking of C#’s LINQ, which is really sweet. Some LINQ stuff can be replicated in Swift, I believe, but there are parts of it that rely on a super-powerful C# feature where a function can receive a parameter in the form of a parse tree of the expression. (Sort of like LISP macros.)

—Jens