[swift-users] "business applications market" flame

Dru Satori dru at druware.com
Wed Jan 6 19:04:49 CST 2016

Oh, on OS X, swift works fine with PostgreSQL and ODBC datasources via Obj-C frameworks, that isn’t the challenge.

I’ve started porting both of those frameworks to Swift already. There are some ‘challenges’ that are slowing that process down, and even more so, there are some decisions to be made with regards to exception handling and optionals that I am still feeling my way through.

What I’m doing is using those frameworks as a base and building one for TDS databases (Sybase/MSSQL) from the ground up. It is time consuming, and honestly, I’ve made no decision on if I’ll make the code available (as I’ll have a bit of time invested in it, and as a rule DB libraries don’t generate revenue, but sure do generate support requests!)