[swift-evolution] [Pitch] merge types and protocols back together with type<Type, Protocol, ...>

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Sat May 14 13:13:35 CDT 2016

FWIW, yes, protocols available for struct are known at compile-time, but
could be unknown at the *moment of writing* the code.

What I mean:

Step 1. I write source code:

protocol A {}
protocol B {}
struct S:A {}

func f(a: A) {
   if a is struct<S,B> {...} // I expect that S could be conformed to B
}

Step 2. I give my code to someone, who can do somewhere in his project:

extension S:B{..}