[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Wed May 11 07:31:22 CDT 2016

> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

-1. I support the opinion that dictionary/array is different "thing" than
parameters in functions/methods and parameters in tuples.

> 	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

I don't think so. For me the proposal is not solving a problem in Swift,
not improving Swift.

> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

I don't think so. For me the proposal adds confusion to Swift, especially
for novice coders. Like "why comma placed here.. are we expecting some
additional parameters here.. is it the same as variable arguments" etc

> 	* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I wanted trailing commas for array/dictionary in other languages, but not
for functions/methods/tuples.

> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Read the proposal and opinions in mailing list.