[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Tue May 10 18:06:28 CDT 2016

> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

-1. Even if I see the arguments in favour, I am of the same opinion as Tony Allevato and Chris Latner: tuples and parameter lists are most often fixed size, which reduces the usefulness of this proposal. And if the proposal is accepted, where do we stop? Do we then accept it in generic parameter list? In where constraint lists? If there is a limit not to cross, I think this proposal is it.

> 	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

I don’t think so.

> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

I don’t think it either fits or not with the feel and direction.

> 	* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I think not. If I have used other languages which allow it, I am not aware of it.

> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I spent a lot of time thinking about it since it was first discussed. My opinion went back and forth but I am now sure of my opinion.