[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Ricardo Parada rparada at mac.com
Wed May 11 09:01:25 CDT 2016

> On May 10, 2016, at 2:53 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of "SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples" begins now and runs through May 16. The proposal is available here:
>
> 	https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0084-trailing-commas.md <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0084-trailing-commas.md>

> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

-1

I don’t like the proposal.  I understand the flexibility it gives to rearranging elements but to someone reading the code it looks like an element was removed by mistake.

>  	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

I don’t think it needs to change at the expense of making code look like an error was made.

> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

No.

> 	* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I’ve seen this in .plists and other languages.  I don’t use it for the reasons mentioned.

> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Quick review.