[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Ilya Belenkiy ilya.belenkiy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 06:46:18 CDT 2016

The proposal is not vague. Most questions / misunderstanding is not due to
the proposal itself but due to how these terms are used in other languages.

It does have one unintended conclusion (the potential class injection to
get access). My position on it is not to change it because it's an edge
case that some people want and that makes the design simpler and more
consistent with the terms that it uses (scope).

If my proposal was to disallow adding an inner class to gain access to
outer class, I'd make it explicit. But I am not proposing it, so there
doesn't seem to be a need to include it and cause more confusion (we
already had plenty of emails about the most common use cases). Also, the
core team did not request a clarification on this, so I think it is clear
to anybody who wants to go to that level of detail.