[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon Mar 28 06:27:32 CDT 2016

> We already had a very long discussion about all of these topics.

I am not suggesting you change the design. I am suggesting you clarify the description of your existing design so that everyone understands what it means, because confusion is rampant.

> I'd like to keep "private" to be completely private and not allow class injection to gain access, but this is an edge case that could be argued either way. I can definitely live with a pure scoped access  for consistency and don't want to argue the edge case in a never ending discussion.

So what you're saying is, you are purposefully writing the proposal vaguely so that everyone can assume it says whatever they imagine it says, and thus more people will support the proposal?

This is no way to design a programming language.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies