[swift-users] Package Manager and iOS apps

Tim Dean tim.dean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 20:00:48 CDT 2017

Hello Swift Users:

Has the roadmap defined a timeframe for building iOS applications using the Swift Package Manager? I am working on a handful of modules that will be shared between a Mac command line utility app and a couple different iOS apps. I’d like to use SPM for building the shared code as individual modules, and then to define packages for the command line utility and each iOS application with dependencies on the shared code modules.

All code will be Swift-only

Is the SPM a good options or should I be sticking with CocoaPods or Carthage?

Thanks