[swift-users] Why does this leak?

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Mon Mar 27 03:01:14 CDT 2017

> On 26 Mar 2017, at 18:43, Rick Aurbach via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I have a situation where I have a leak that I do not understand. I would be very grateful if someone could explain it to me and offer an idea of how I can make the pattern work without leaking:

How are you determining that this is leaking? There was an issue in Xcode where the 'leaks' detector was unable to introspect the memory layout of a Swift object containing an enum stored property and incorrectly flagging other such reachable objects as leaks. If that's the case, do you still see the same behaviour flagged in the latest Xcode?

Alex