[swift-users] An OpenGL math library in pure Swift

Stephen Canon scanon at apple.com
Tue Jan 5 10:59:40 CST 2016

Hey David —

FYI essentially all of this stuff is already present in the simd module (stdlib/public/SDK/simd/simd.swift.gyb or ‘import simd'), albeit without nice generics, and with some different stylistic choices because simd is at present a straight Swift port of a subset of the simd C/Obj-C/C++ library on OS X and iOS (the most important distinction is that the vector types are compatible with clang extended vectors in C languages).

Making the simd module more “swifty” is something that will need to happen eventually, and there’s a lot of other opportunities for other improvements, but you should be aware that it’s available.

– Steve