[swift-evolution] Proposal: Allow operators to have parameters with default values

Dave DeLong swift at davedelong.com
Fri Nov 3 12:47:57 CDT 2017

The call stack could certainly be a worthwhile thing to capture in an operator implementation. The #file and #line would tell you which usage of the operator you’re using, and the callStackSymbols would tell you how you got there. You’d want them both, however, if you used the same custom operator multiple times in the calling function: the callStackSymbols alone wouldn’t necessarily be enough to disambiguate which usage of the operator you should be looking at.

Dave