[swift-evolution] Proposal: Allow operators to have parameters with default values

Mike Kluev mike.kluev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:40:08 CDT 2017

on Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:40:35 -0600 Dave DeLong <swift at davedelong.com> wrote:

> That’s cool, but a hygienic macro system isn’t anywhere on the Swift
roadmap.

> Chris has mentioned in interviews that such a system is "a big feature
that’s open-ended and requires a huge design process” which makes
off-the-table for Swift 5, and (I’m guessing) unlikely for Swift 6 too.

> Personally I’d like to be able to better debug my apps in Swift 4.1
rather than waiting another 2 or 3 years for a magical macro system to
somehow solve this.

if that's just for debugging -- consider using Thread.callStackSymbols

last i checked it has the entries in the mangled form, but probably it's
(1) good enough for debugging purposes and (2) possible to de-mangle them
somehow.

Mike