[swift-evolution] Swift phases and mis-timed proposals

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Sun Jun 11 17:16:22 CDT 2017

> On Jun 11, 2017, at 14:41, Haravikk via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Thing is; people are going to have ideas when they have them, and want to discuss them right away. I've been caught out numerous times with proposals that are almost immediately rejected as out of scope, and still have no idea when I'm supposed to resubmit them.
>
> To be honest it's demoralising, as I find myself apathetic towards my own ideas as I have no idea when to revisit them, and by the time I do I've largely lost interest and moved on to other things.

Yeah, I hope we'll get an "out of scope" section when we move to discourse... That way the core team and others who are busy can focus on what's practical for the next release, and those of us who have ideas that are a bit premature will have a place to discuss and refine them (and one where we don't have to spend an hour or so combing through our social media history just to find it).

Either way, though, I think restricting ourselves to a set of "in-scope" topics is likely about the only way we'll be able to collectively stay focused enough to get anything done.

- Dave Sweeris