[swift-evolution] Proposal: Always flatten the single element tuple

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Thu Jun 8 12:42:14 CDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Víctor Pimentel Rodríguez via
swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> /../ I'm really going to miss being able to model every type of closure
> with the type (T) -> U

Me too, and I can also see what you mean regarding the "tone" of some of
the proposals. Tuple splat (or rather the whole "universal tuple concept")
would certainly have been an extremely powerful and elegant feature (I
really can't understand why they decided to call it "cute" in the
proposal), if it had worked all the way, without creating inconsistencies
and questions (inout, variadics etc).

However, I don't see any other way forward than to properly implement
SE-0110 et al, and then work from there.

/Jens