[swift-evolution] Plan to move swift-evolution and swift-users mailing lists to Discourse

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Jun 7 06:13:13 CDT 2017

Any update to this? I was hoping for a global announcement at WWDC to attract more folks to join the discussions, but this didn’t happen.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 10. Februar 2017 um 07:11:34, Bouke Haarsma via swift-evolution (swift-evolution at swift.org) schrieb:

A big +1 for Discourse from me as well. I don't want to sign up to the
to move the messages in a separate folder, but still the amount wasn't
manageable. Furthermore reading the threads in Mail.app is a major pain
as a result of different quotation styles used by various authors.

Currently I use gmane.org's nntp servers and the outdated Unison.app.
However that app also doesn't support the various quotation styles,
which doesn't help with following topics. I'd be very happy to use
Discourse, as it allows me to opt-in to any discussion I'd like and
start/stop e-mail notifications as I see fit. Also Github Issues would
allow me to do that, but I can see the benefits Discourse would
provide; e.g. better moderation, pinning topics for recurring topics
and ownership of the forum's data (threads).

-Bouke