[swift-evolution] VisualFoundation Framework

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Thu Jun 1 04:53:41 CDT 2017

> On 1 Jun 2017, at 09:57, Jonathan Hull <jhull at gbis.com> wrote:
>
> I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Foundation is being open sourced as well, and distributed with Swift across various platforms.

It is already open source; the source code for the Swift/Linux port is here:

https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation

However, Foundation has never contained any UI code, which on macOS is in the Cocoa framework and on iOS in the UIKit framework. These are both Apple frameworks, which you can discuss on the Apple mailing lists. To find the appropriate one, you can consult https://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo> - I would suggest the cocoa-dev mailing list.

Alex