[swift-evolution] VisualFoundation Framework

Jonathan Hull jhull at gbis.com
Thu Jun 1 03:57:46 CDT 2017

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Foundation is being open sourced as well, and distributed with Swift across various platforms.

I can make my own framework, but it wouldn’t be portable in the same way.  You couldn’t use my code on Linux, Windows, or even the Watch/TV unless I directly wrote code for it.  With a common base that we can all write to, everyone's code is portable across platforms without changes.

Thanks,
Jon