[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Nested extensions

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:44:33 CDT 2017

Sure:

One solution to the problem is to remove the use of access modifiers as a
shorthand in front of extensions. It was proposed, reviewed, and rejected:
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0119-extensions-access-modifiers.md

The discussion was here:
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160711/024224.html

I tried to follow up with a much milder proposal to change the rules
surrounding access modifiers. It was discussed here:
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160718/024588.html

The PR was here, but rejected for review by the core team:
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/438/files