[swift-evolution] [Accepted] SE-0111: Remove type system significance of function argument labels

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Jul 8 04:22:08 CDT 2016

> Aw. It's really bad that labels are gone for closures at the call site 😢. IMHO, the same principles that encourage the use of labels for "normal" function calls should prevail here.
No need to feel bad — if I wasn't ignored (it's hard to notice if this happens ;-), the argument has been considered.

Additionally, those labels may return in the future — although there is a astoundingly long list of features that will be removed because their implementation is flawed, and whose fans have been calmed down with the argument that they'll be re-added in an improved form later ;-)