[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sat May 14 12:53:45 CDT 2016

>> Would you then recommend removing trailing comma support for collections on the same principle?
me too — so, for the review-part: -0.5, no trailing commas (it's not a full -1 as long as I'm not forced to add those trailing commas)
I don't think they are convenient, and even if that is wrong: The convenience-argument could be used to cripple the language (skipping closing parens could be convenient, using "l" and "v" instead of "let" & "var" could be convenient, inferring the return-type of methods could be convenient... and possibly hundreds of small changes in the syntax as well).
The idea of using newlines as separators (making "," obsolete, like ";" in other situations) imho is much nicer and would address the same issues that this proposal tries to improve.