[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0081: Move where clause to end of declaration

Ricardo Parada rparada at mac.com
Tue May 10 17:44:21 CDT 2016

> On May 10, 2016, at 2:51 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of "SE-0081: Move where clause to end of declaration" begins now and runs through May 16. The proposal is available here:
>
>    https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0081-move-where-expression.md
>
>    * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+1

>    * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

I'll reserve that to others with a deeper understanding of the effect of this change.

>    * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

I find the declarations with the where clause at the end so much easier to read and understand. For that reason alone I am In favor of this change.

This definitely goes well with what I expect of Swift. I love Swift's conciseness and expressiveness. This would continue to improve in that respect.

>    * If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

Compare to other languages I think this would make Swift superior in regards to clarity of declarations.

>    * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

A quick reading.