[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0069: Mutability and Foundation Value Types

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Wed May 4 14:14:39 CDT 2016

Hi Rod,

> On May 4, 2016, at 4:59 AM, Rod Brown <rodney.brown6 at icloud.com> wrote:
>

> Tony,
>
> With regard to this proposal, is there any reason that this proposal did not include an OrderedSet value type? I suspect perhaps this is an oversight?
>
> - Rod

We considered it, but did not include it in this proposal for scoping reasons. It’s not quite as straightforward to bridge as the other types because it really should allow containment of “Any”, but NSOrderedSet would instead require “AnyObject.” This is fixable but involves a large amount of engineering work.

- Tony