[swift-evolution] Introduce OrderedSet type

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:25:42 CDT 2016

I think it would be nice to have a native Swift OrderedSet type, as well as
a priority queue and support for collections holding weak references. This
set of changes would go a long way towards providing Swift with a set of
universally available, widely applicable data structures similar to those
offered by other language's standard libraries.

My personal opinion is that these data structures are probably important
enough to be part of the stdlib itself, without forcing projects to take in
Foundation as a dependency. They can be designed in such a way so that they
bridge to the NS*-equivalents, just as Array, Dictionary, and Set do today.

Is anyone planning on writing up a proposal? If not I can take a crack at
it.

Austin