[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0047 Defaulting non-Void functions so they warn on unused results
howard.lovatt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 03:59:53 CDT 2016
• What is your evaluation of the proposal?
• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
Yes I think so, currently the declaration line is very cluttered with lots
of noise up front that hides what the line actually does. This proposal
removes some of that noise.
• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes, Swift is clutter free and tries to pick as the default the most common
• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how
do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
I have used languages with the current Swift bevahiour of having to
explicitly initiate the warning and they like Swift tended to be a pain.
Either the declaration got cluttered or the annotation was omitted.
I have used products like lint and appreciated this feature.
• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
or an in-depth study?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the swift-evolution