[swift-evolution] What about garbage collection?

David Turnbull dturnbull at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:30:35 CST 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Paul Cantrell via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> That island has other inhabitants: video game developers.

Audio systems too. 60fps video has a hard limit of 16.66ms per frame. Real
time audio needs 3ms buffers, imo, but can be less strict depending on the
application.

I think that Swift can become the first serious alternative to C++ for game
development and creative coding. For all platforms, not just Avalon (the
Isle of Apples, wokka wokka). If Swift becomes a mark-sweep GC language I'm
going to get very angry and abandon my work from the last two months:
https://github.com/AE9RB/SwiftGL

-david