[swift-evolution] [Review] Require self for accessing instance members

Stephen Celis stephen.celis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:45:08 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Honza Dvorsky <czechboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many people (myself included) already expressed their preference in the
> discussion that happened before the review, where there were many more
> yes's. So for the sake of objectivity, I think we should refrain from
> counting the score half way through the discussion :)
>
> We all care about the outcome, but it was mentioned upstream that all
> feedback (including pre-review) is being taken into consideration, which I
> believe is fair.

Apologies for any confusion. My count was of the upstream discussion, where
I found 5 explicit yeas and many more nays.

For reference, the upstream thread tally:

Yeas:
- Rob Napier
- David Hart
- Dennis Lysenko
- Dan Loewenherz
- Honza Dvorsky

Nays:
- Ilya Nikokoshev
- Mark Knaup
- Al Skipp
- Andrey Tarantsov
- Stephen Celis
- Erica Sadun
- Sune Foldager
- Paul Ossenbruggen
- Slava Pestov
- David Rodrigues
- Ilya Belenkiy
- Pierre Monod-boca

(Apologies for any autocorrect name butchering. I tried!)

There were more that were ambiguous, some seeming to favor implicit, others
seeming to prefer explicit but not as a requirement.

Stephen