[swift-dev] Highlighting other platforms for Swift?

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 04:41:21 CST 2017

On 15 November 2017 at 19:35, Ted Kremenek via swift-dev
<swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> We’re actively setting up support to wire in up externally hosted CI bots to our CI infrastructure so that the community can help support the bringup and testing of Swift on other platforms beyond the officially supported platforms.  The tentative rollout for that was December.  We’ll announce more details once we get closer to rollout.

This sounds great. IBM has ported Swift to platforms including IBM
System z (mainframe) and it would be good to get CI integration so
that we can run "@swift-ci please test s390" when wanted.

Linking to releases and nightly builds from swift.org would also be
good, where they are available.

> That said, do you have specific ideas on how such efforts should be highlighted on swift.org, and what should be the optics?

Python has a main https://www.python.org/downloads/ page and a
separate https://www.python.org/download/other/ page to point users at
non-official ports. That model could work well for Swift too.

--
Ian Partridge