[swift-dev] Build failure on s390x

Vivian Kong vivkong at ca.ibm.com
Wed Aug 10 07:18:37 CDT 2016

Thanks Jordan!  I'll create a pull request.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
Software Developer
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

From:	Jordan Rose <jordan_rose at apple.com>
To:	Vivian Kong/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
Cc:	swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org>, Robert Widmann
            <rwidmann at apple.com>
Date:	2016/08/09 05:08 PM
Subject:	Re: [swift-dev] Build failure on s390x
Sent by:	jordan_rose at apple.com

Hi, Vivian. RuntimeStubs.h (along with the rest of SwiftShims) is a header
that gets shipped with the Swift library, so it can’t refer to anything
outside of its folder. Since we don’t yet have a good way to annotate
things as using the Swift calling convention in the SwiftShims headers, we
should probably not be using the Swift calling convention there (at least
for now). Can you write up a pull request removing the SWIFT_CC annotation
from the functions declared in RuntimeStubs.h?

(I’m a little concerned that Clang didn’t tell us that the calling
convention isn’t consistent across declarations, but that’s a separate
issue. Maybe the lack of an annotation isn’t strong enough information to
produce a warning.)

Thanks,
Jordan

      On Aug 9, 2016, at 07:42, Vivian Kong via swift-dev <