[swift-dev] Build failure on s390x

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Tue Aug 9 16:08:13 CDT 2016

Hi, Vivian. RuntimeStubs.h (along with the rest of SwiftShims) is a header that gets shipped with the Swift library, so it can’t refer to anything outside of its folder. Since we don’t yet have a good way to annotate things as using the Swift calling convention in the SwiftShims headers, we should probably not be using the Swift calling convention there (at least for now). Can you write up a pull request removing the SWIFT_CC annotation from the functions declared in RuntimeStubs.h?

(I’m a little concerned that Clang didn’t tell us that the calling convention isn’t consistent across declarations, but that’s a separate issue. Maybe the lack of an annotation isn’t strong enough information to produce a warning.)

Thanks,
Jordan