[swift-dev] TSPL ePub in source format for translation projects

Ion Jaureguialzo Sarasola ion at jaureguialzo.com
Mon Jun 6 07:52:47 CDT 2016

Hello, I was planning to start a translation project to have and Spanish
version of The Swift Programming Language ePub.

I've put together some scripts that use pandoc and some regex to extract
the text and make a conversion to Markdown format, to make it easier to
edit and manage the translation job (
https://github.com/ijaureguialzo/el-lenguaje-de-programacion-swift). It's
not perfect and much of the inline markup is lost in the conversion process.

The problem is I'm afraid the work will have to be redone with Swift 3
release, and would like to know if there is any plan/rumor/idea/hope to
release the documentation in source form, so translation projects could be
built around it more easily.

Thanks a lot in advance.