[swift-corelibs-dev] NSURLSession & CFNetwork

Philippe Hausler phausler at apple.com
Wed Jan 13 12:43:17 CST 2016

Getting GCD up and rolling is definitely a bottleneck for a few things (not just NSURLSession).

There are a few things that we need as checkpoints:
A set of build instructions tailored for the swift project
GCD needs to be able to build on Ubuntu 14 as well as Ubuntu 15
We need to move Availability.h and friends down underneath both GCD and Foundation since they both use them
We need to move the blocks runtime out of Foundation and underneath or inside of GCD.
The master build script in swift/utils/build-script needs to be able to build GCD
The master build script in swift/utils/build-script to ensure GCD and all required components are built before Foundation and the appropriate linker paths are passed to Foundation (see how XCTest is handled)