[swift-corelibs-dev] NSURLSession & CFNetwork

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 13:07:25 CST 2016

phausler at apple.com wrote on 01/13/2016 01:43:17 PM:

> Getting GCD up and rolling is definitely a bottleneck for a few
> things (not just NSURLSession).

Thanks Philippe!  I was looking for things to do :)

> There are a few things that we need as checkpoints:
> A set of build instructions tailored for the swift project
> GCD needs to be able to build on Ubuntu 14 as well as Ubuntu 15

I can take a look at Ubuntu 14.  I know that one of the issues was the old
version of libpthread_workqueue (under discussion for other reasons; we
need fixes that aren't in the Ubuntu 15 version).  I'll see if there is
anything else standing in the way for Ubuntu 14.

> We need to move Availability.h and friends down underneath both GCD
> and Foundation since they both use them
> We need to move the blocks runtime out of Foundation and underneath
> or inside of GCD.
> The master build script in swift/utils/build-script needs to be able
> to build GCD
> The master build script in swift/utils/build-script to ensure GCD
> and all required components are built before Foundation and the
> appropriate linker paths are passed to Foundation (see how XCTest is
handled)

--dave