[swift-users] Communicating with dynamically loaded swift library

Ján Kosa lopenka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 07:41:22 CDT 2017

It worked! Took me a while to iron out details, but it is working now. Huge
thanks sir, I will name my firstborn after you.
Thanks for the @_cdecl("initializePlugin") tip as well, I didn't know about
it and it will be very useful.

I am having slightly related problem now (it was there before, but I
ignored it for the time being), not sure if I should start a new thread?

The PluginInterface module has one external dependency on module A,
PluginConsumer has the dependency on module B which has dependency on same
module A that the PluginInterface uses. When I load the plugin library, I
get bunch of errors like:

Class A.XYZ is implemented in both libPluginInterface.dylib and
libMyPlugin.dylib

I know why it is there, but I don't know how to get rid of it. I can't just
remove dependency from PluginConsumer and use the one from PluginInterface
(if that would even work?) because PluginConsumer does not depend on it
directly, but it is going through module B first

Cheers,
Lope