[swift-users] Can I use a tuple to force a certain memory layout?

Taylor Swift kelvin13ma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:45:59 CDT 2017

Okay, apparently layout is only guaranteed if the reference is to the tuple
itself, not a member of the tuple. Don’t know if this is a bug or intended
behavior. The above code works when written as

        var buffers:(VBO:GL.UInt, EBO:GL.UInt) = (0, 0)
        withUnsafeMutablePointer(to: &buffers)
        {
            $0.withMemoryRebound(to: UInt32.self, capacity: 2)
            {
                glGenBuffers(n: 2, buffers: $0)