[swift-users] Build swift on FreeBSD

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Tue Apr 18 04:17:48 CDT 2017

The error may be because of the missing symbol you saw earlier. The build has a setting SWIFT_LINK_OBJC_RUNTIME which should default to NO on non-Darwin systems, but I don't know how the detection works on FreeBSD.

The symbol is being emitted by the clang compiler and it seems to think there's a GnuStep header somewhere, so that would be where you could start looking to see what is happening:

https://github.com/apple/swift-clang/blob/1a3164ee1c8b9916812b0b92ef8adf9f723b3057/lib/CodeGen/CGException.cpp#L104

Alex