[swift-users] How to debug Xcode: "An internal error occurred. Source editor functionality is limited"

Jesse Grosjean jesse at hogbaysoftware.com
Fri Apr 7 13:21:02 CDT 2017

> Does anyone recognize the below stack and know what might be causing that
> particular crash? Is there any way to log what file the SourceKitService is
> working on, so I can see what it's doing before the crash?

After manually going through all my code and individually adding files back
to the project I've found (fingers crossed!) a fix. I don't understand all
the conditions neccessary, but the problem is related to defining class
extensions in files separate from where the class is originally defined.

So I didn't change any code to fix the problem, but I did move a number of
class extensions out of separate files and just append the extensions text
to the end of the original file where the class was defined.

Hope this helps someone to avoid all the fun I just went through!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/attachments/20170407/41884463/attachment.html>

More information about the swift-users mailing list