[swift-users] withoutActuallyEscaping example question

Slava Pestov spestov at apple.com
Sun Mar 26 03:21:33 CDT 2017

Here’s another fun one: the following type checks despite the literal closure; we’ve constrained the return type of filter() to [Int], and not LazyFilterCollection<Int>, so again the type checker picks the overload that takes the non-escaping closure:

func myFilter(array: [Int], predicate: (Int) -> Bool) -> [Int] {
  return array.lazy.filter { predicate($0) }
}

Slava