[swift-users] Master branch not compiling

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Tue Feb 21 04:26:22 CST 2017

The LLDB master still fails to build and has been failing for the last 11 days on Linux:

https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_04/ <https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_04/>
https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_10/ <https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_10/>

When you run 'update-checkout --reset-to-master' it will pull in the failing commit for lldb.

The Swift package only builds because it's using a pinned version of lldb corresponding to commit bdf3964387c993cefc4c0c5afed31fd5a9957f6d

https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-swift-package-linux-ubuntu-16_04/ws/lldb/.git/HEAD/*view*/

It looks like the swift-lldb checkout is using the 'stable' branch rather than 'master'. If you try resetting that to your lldb checkout it may work.

Alex