[swift-users] SwiftPM on Ubuntu - Locating Header Files

Robert Vaessen robert at rvaessen.com
Sun Feb 19 11:47:58 CST 2017

Hello,

I am working on a package that produces a Swift module and a C module. When I build the package on macOS I am successful. When I attempt to build the package on Ubuntu the build fails. The reason for the failure is that the C module includes the Apple header file CFAvailability.h: the compiler cannot locate this file. The CFAvailability.h file exists in a sub folder of the swift installation folder: for me that is in /home/verticon/swift-3.0.2/... So, I have the file but it is not located in any of the standard places which are searched by the compiler. What would you advise as the most correct way to deal with this?

Thank you.

Robert Vaessen
704-996-1080
robert at rvaessen.com