[swift-users] Swift 101: JSON or XML?

Maury Markowitz maury.markowitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:14:13 CST 2017

Technically there is little to chose one over the other. I find working with JSON on Swift is somewhat easier than XML however, and that should not be a minor consideration.

However, moving forward it seems that JSON will be more widely used and basing your comms on that is likely a very good idea. For instance, there are any number of modern databases who's native format is JSON, and you're more likely to end up on one of them than the (generally older) servers that use XML. Additionally, I find it reasonable to suggest that in the future there will be much more JSON code and knowledge to draw on from the community.