[swift-users] Ubuntu/Centos docker with swift 3

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Mon Dec 12 17:16:31 CST 2016

Sent from my iPhone 📱
> On 12 Dec 2016, at 22:32, Gerard Iglesias <gerard_iglesias at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Something important to note, i have created an image from scratch installing emacs in place of vim.
>
> But to get swift working we have to run the image with privilege access like this
>
> docker run -ti --privileged=true theImageName
>
> Unless we get an error when running the REPL

Yes, if you want to run the repl or lldb then you either need --privileged or --security-opt seccomp:unconfined and --cap-add SYS_PTRACE.

You might also want to specify --rm which will remove your containers runtime image afterwards, as otherwise you will end up with many nearly identical copies of your container on disk.

Alex