[swift-users] The value of enums

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Nov 7 04:55:34 CST 2016

> …oh, I just realized we’re on -users not -evolution here.
:-) Core found an effective way to limit the distractions from evolution:
Over there, this would have been a proposal to remove enums [with associated objects] in favor of union types ;-)

Tino

Joking aside, imho it's a pity that all those fundamental discussions from the early times can't be published — I bet ideas like "everything is an expression" have been brought up, and the reason for their rejection could really help understanding the big picture of the language.