[swift-users] Dollar library, good or not?

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Thu Oct 20 17:04:11 CDT 2016

A discussion on swift-evolution prompted me to look at the Dollar library (https://github.com/ankurp/Dollar). Is this library an example of good design? It doesn't seem to be to me. No doubt much of the actual functionality is helpful, I'm just asking about the API design.

For example, why is everything hung off a variable ("$")? Why not just a collection of global methods?

It seems to tout the fact that it's good because it does NOT extend any built-in objects, but that seems un-swifty.

Thanks,

--
Rick Mann
rmann at latencyzero.com