[swift-users] SwiftPM: How to verify that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is being used

Ankit Agarwal ankit at ankit.im
Thu Sep 29 13:14:53 CDT 2016

Hi,

SwiftPM finds the first matching .pc file in the list of search paths,
unfortunately the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH was last in the
list. It was corrected in this commit:
https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/commit/ac0479653032ded2efa1d71ab290d5b8d66c0e82
Can you try with a recent snapshot and check if the environment variable is
being respected?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Jerry Carter via swift-users <
swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

> Newbie question.  How can I tell that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is being respected?
>
> I am using Swift 3.0 (swiftlang-800.0.49) under OS X.  I do not have
> pkg-config installed.  I have specified the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
> variable and have validated the .pc files at that location.  The project
> builds but the resulting binary links to a different library — according to
> otool, the path is /usr/lib rather than that specified in my .pc file.
> I’ve tried ’swift build -v’ and do not see the directory that I specified
> using PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
>
> Not sure what to try next.  Thanks.
>
> -=- Jerry

Ankit