[swift-users] SwiftPM: How to verify that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is being used

Jerry Carter jerry at jerrycarter.org
Thu Sep 29 13:05:13 CDT 2016

Newbie question.  How can I tell that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is being respected?

I am using Swift 3.0 (swiftlang-800.0.49) under OS X.  I do not have pkg-config installed.  I have specified the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable and have validated the .pc files at that location.  The project builds but the resulting binary links to a different library — according to otool, the path is /usr/lib rather than that specified in my .pc file.  I’ve tried ’swift build -v’ and do not see the directory that I specified using PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Not sure what to try next.  Thanks.

-=- Jerry