[swift-users] Why API marked as `macOS 10.12+` can be used in macOS 10.11?

Jack Lawrence jackl at apple.com
Sun Sep 25 21:17:56 CDT 2016

The API Reference SDK availability section in the documentation is incorrect for symbols defined in a Swift overlay. This is a known issue.

Unless it has an explicit @available attribute (check the generated interface), any symbol defined in a Swift overlay is available for all platform versions where swift 3 is compatible (iOS 7, macOS 10.9, etc).

Jack