[swift-users] Function to unsafe pointer and back

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Thu Sep 1 04:09:11 CDT 2016

On 1 Sep 2016, at 01:41, Lou Zell via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

> 3. What is a reabstraction thunk helper (do I want to know :))

This makes for a great read.

<https://medium.com/@slavapestov/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-sil-type-use-6b45f7595f43>

As to your real question, what’s your high-level goal?  Swift doesn’t really do pointers to functions [1] but it does provide lots of other excellent ‘treat code as data’ features.  If you can explain more about your goal, perhaps we can direct you to a better path.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

[1] At least not natively.  You can use @convention(c) to interact with C APIs that require a function pointer.