[swift-users] Learn Objective-C First? and Low Level Understanding of computer

smd smd_mail at tx.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 12:36:55 CDT 2016

Hello

I’m interested in learning Swift. Is there a need or benefit to learn Objective-C first? I’ve done some C, C++, VB 6.0, and VBA / Access in the past but I’m definitely not a programmer. I want to develop programs for the Mac and to learn about low level programming in the future. Just wondering if I should learn C, C++, or Swift. I have a pc and a Mac.

I keep thinking maybe old C for Windows and Swift and / or Objective-C for the Mac? I’m a little confused.

thanks