[swift-users] Can Swift 2.3 frameworks be used with a Swift 3.0 app?

Ted Bradley ted.bradley at hudl.com
Mon Jun 27 11:22:16 CDT 2016

Thanks – I really appreciate the definitive answer.

I’m worried a lot of people don’t realise this when doing their planning for the next few months – the migration guide is a little bit ambiguous on this front:

“Wait until the upstream open-source project updates to Swift 2.3 or Swift 3”
- https://swift.org/migration-guide/#using-carthagecocoapods-projects

If read optimistically, one could easily think that the update of the upstream open-source project doesn’t have to be to the same Swift version as ones own project...

- Ted